Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 and Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 4-cycle motorcycle oils are advanced performance synthetic motorcycle oils. The unique, synthetic structure of the Mobil 1 Motorcycle formulations enables them to offer advantages beyond conventional motorcycle oils of similar viscosities. For example, base oils become lighter in viscosity as temperature increase. This characteristic forces manufacturers of oils to use thickeners which will help the oil maintain its viscosity as the temperature increase. These thickeners, however, can shear down and lose their thickening capacity in an operating engine or transmission. Synthetic fluids do not require as much thickener to achieve a multigrade viscosity rating and, in some cases, do not require any thickener. As a result, synthetic formulations tend to be very shear stable and thus, provide a solid, protective oil film for engine bearings, piston rings, transmission gears and other critical engine parts.
Both Mobil 1 Motorcycle formulations offer excellent flow characteristics at low temperatures to help reduce engine wear at start-up, and provide outstanding resistance to oxidation and/or volatilization at high temperatures, both of which degrade the oil. Further, the Mobil 1 Motorcycle Oils help provide outstanding protection against engine wear under high-temperature and high engine speed conditions. Each of the Mobil 1 Motorcycle product formulations have been optimized to help meet the unique performance characteristics demanded by motorcycle engines and thus, provide an extremely high level of performance and protection for motorcycle engines.
- Maximum shear stability to help resist viscosity shear down in high performance engines and transmissions
- Exceptional thermal stability to help resist oxidation and high-temperature degradation
- Outstanding protection against wear of engine and transmission components
- Enhanced lubrication to help maintain maximum power and acceleration over the life of the engine
- Optimized wet-clutch performance
- Excellent low temperature flow characteristics to help minimize engine wear during start-up