Today's low emission engines place increasing demands on engine lubricants. Also engine designs change in response to tougher emissions restrictions imposed by the EPA, the performance demand on engine lubricants likewise increases in order to compensate for the harsher environments that new engine designs bring with them. New engines (model-year 2007 and beyond) will come equipped with aftertreatment devices installed in the engine exhaust stream which will require the use of both API CJ-4 oils and ultra-low sulfur fuels to function properly. Additionally, new engines using EGR will generate even higher levels of acid, soot and heat than older EGR engines due to substantially increased EGR rates compared to previous EGR designs.
The quality and reliability built into Mobil Delvac Elite 15W-40, as a CJ-4 oil, delivers the highest level of protection in both new diesel engines, as well as older models. The key benefits include:
- Oxidation performance superior to most conventional oils
- Excellent anti-wear and anti-scuff properties
- Extended drains beyond conventional oils
- Excellent low temperature performance allows oil flow to critical bearing surfaces at start-up and controls low-temperature sludge formation in stop-and-go service
- Stay-in-grade shear stability protects engine parts at high operating temperatures and reduces oil consumption